Name is required.
Email address is required.
Invalid email address
Answer is required.
Exceeding max length of 5KB

Manufacture/brand column always show the product title

Mike May 10, 2012 04:27PM WEST

Hi,
First of all, I want to say I love your service. Keep up the great work.
I have 2 questions:

1. When I tried to import my product feeds, the manufacture/brand column always show the product title instead of the manufacture/brand info

2. What's the step by step procedure to set up a automatic daily upload schedule for the feeds, so that the feed will refresh our product database and provide that to Google/Bing/...

Thank you!

3 Community Answers

Best Answer
Bella Mensa May 10, 2012 04:28PM WEST

Hi..thanks for the question.
1. For the manufacturer fields, it search for manufacturer attribute in your store, if it does not find manufacturer attribute in your products xml, it will put product title as manufacturer. NB: some people have manufacturer in their product descriptions but not as an attribute. If you have manufacturer as an attribute, send a mail to support@retailtower.com

2. unfortunately for now, we do not fully automate your products imports to Google/Bing. Just log in daily/weekly to RetailTower and FETCH INVENTORY on the RetailTower Settings Page. After that, start a new campaign and START FROM NEW. Just categorise your newly added products. You’ll not loose your saved categories. When done, click on SAVE FEED. Thats All. You dont need to resubmit to Google. They will pick it up from Retailtower.

View in conversation

Up 18 rated Down
Bella Mensa Best Answer May 10, 2012 04:28PM WEST RETAILTOWER Agent

Hi..thanks for the question.
1. For the manufacturer fields, it search for manufacturer attribute in your store, if it does not find manufacturer attribute in your products xml, it will put product title as manufacturer. NB: some people have manufacturer in their product descriptions but not as an attribute. If you have manufacturer as an attribute, send a mail to support@retailtower.com

2. unfortunately for now, we do not fully automate your products imports to Google/Bing. Just log in daily/weekly to RetailTower and FETCH INVENTORY on the RetailTower Settings Page. After that, start a new campaign and START FROM NEW. Just categorise your newly added products. You’ll not loose your saved categories. When done, click on SAVE FEED. Thats All. You dont need to resubmit to Google. They will pick it up from Retailtower.

Up 8 rated Down
Bella Mensa Jun 18, 2012 08:25PM WEST RETAILTOWER Agent

Google has defined categories that you have to pick from, these are populated in the category wizard. Google keeps on updating their taxonomy. therefore if you know a taxonomy that is not in our channel wizard, just put your product in any category temporarily and do a search for the temporal taxonomy and replace with the current Google taxonomy eg
http://screencast.com/t/ugKYez3iAt

Up 21 rated Down
ChiCHi Jun 18, 2012 08:26PM WEST
Hello!
I love you this app by the way but am having trouble with the categories when uploading a new feed to google. I have products that are shirts/blouses, but there is no category for this. is there a way to make a custom category?

thanks and keep up the good work!!

Post Your Public Answer

Your name (required)
Your email address (required)
Answer (required)
support@retailtower.com
http://assets0.desk.com/
false
retailtower
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago