- Verifying the store by copying and pasting the Meta Tag code, uploading a file etc (in webmaster tools).
- Claiming the store (in Google Merchant account center)
3. After you login, click on Add Site button
4. There will be a pop up window where you will enter your site (store) url like http://retailtower.com. If possible please don’t add the www to your store url so that all sub-domains like store.retailtower.com will have the verification code.
5. After entering your store url, Google will direct you to Verify ownership page
6. Click on Alternative Method tab
7. Select the first option which is: Add a meta tag to your site's home page. This will generate a drop down window with your Meta Tag from Google.
8 Copy the whole Meta Tag starting with <meta
9. Login to your Shopify Admin Panel and go to Themes->Template Editor (this is found at the top right corner of your shopify admin)
10. Click on theme.liquid right under layout on the left side bar.
11. Paste the Meta Tag code from google in the Header section as shown below and Save
12. Go back to google webmaster tools and click on Verify as illustrated below.
13. Now go to google merchant center under Settings->General to claim the url as shown below.